Brown Sugar Kitchen is more than a restaurant. This soul-food outpost is a community gathering spot, a place to fill the belly, and the beating heart of West Oakland, a storied postindustrial neighborhood across the bay from San Francisco.
The restaurant is a friendly beacon on a tree-lined parkway, nestled low and snug next to a scrap-metal yard in this Bay Area rust belt. Out front, customers congregate on long benches and sprawl in the grass, soaking up the sunshine, sipping at steaming mugs of Oakland-roasted coffee, waiting to snag one of the tables they glimpse through the swinging doors. Deals are done, friends are made; this is a community in action. In short order, they’ll get their table, their pecan-studded sticky buns, their meaty hash topped with a quivering poached egg. Later in the day, the line grows, and the orders for chef-owner Tanya Holland’s famous chicken and waffles or oyster po’boy fly. This is when satisfaction arrives.
Brown Sugar Kitchen, the cookbook, stars 86 recipes for re-creating the restaurant’s favorites at home, from a thick Shrimp Gumbo to celebrated Macaroni & Cheese to a show-stopping Caramel Layer Cake with Brown Butter–Caramel Frosting. And these aren’t all stick-to-your-ribs recipes: Tanya’s interpretations of soul food star locally grown, seasonal produce, too, in crisp, creative salads such as Romaine with Spring Vegetables & Cucumber-Buttermilk Dressing and Summer Squash Succotash. Soul-food classics get a modern spin in the case of B-Side BBQ Braised Smoked Tofu with Roasted Eggplant and a side of Roasted Green Beans with Sesame-Seed Dressing. Straight-forward, unfussy but inspired, these are recipes you’ll turn to again and again.
Rich visual storytelling reveals the food and the people that made and make West Oakland what it is today. Brown Sugar Kitchen truly captures the sense—and flavor—of this richly textured and delicious place.
Click Here For More Information
Made in Germany and loaded with features, this Rowenta Focus steam iron makes easy work of removing wrinkles from fabric. The iron’s smooth-gliding stainless-steel soleplate features 400 steam holes to ensure thorough steam distribution and time-saving efficiency, while its stainless-steel precision tip maneuvers effortlessly over collars, along seams, and between buttons. The iron works with tap water (no need for distilled) and powers on with a simple turn of the thermostat knob, which comes with clearly marked low to high heat settings and options for nylon, silk, wool, cotton, and linen. The iron auto-adjusts the steam output to match the soleplate temperature (turn auto-steam off for dry ironing). It also offers “burst of steam” to remove tough wrinkles and vertical steam for drapes and hanging garments. For safety and peace of mind, the iron shuts off automatically after 8 minutes if left unused in the upright position and after 30 seconds if left in the horizontal position or tipped over. An anti-calcium system prevents impurities for clean steam, and a self-clean system flushes out loose mineral deposits for optimal performance. From work shirts to table linen, the Rowenta Focus steam iron gets the job done.
- 1700-watt steam iron with smooth-gliding stainless-steel soleplate and precision tip for hard-to-reach areas
- Patented Microsteam 400-hole design provides thorough steam distribution. Continuous steam output: 35 g/min
- Clearly marked thermostat knob; auto steam; burst of steam for stubborn wrinkles; vertical steam for hanging items
- 10-ounce water tank with level indicator; works with tap water (no need for distilled)
- 3-way automatic safety shut-off; anti-calcium system; self-clean system for optimal performance
- Made in Germany
(Piano Solo Songbook). This deluxe collection features arrangements of all ten Vince Guaraldi arrangements from this annually anticipated holiday classic: Christmas Is Coming * The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) * Christmas Time Is Here * Fur Elise * Hark, The Herald Angels Sing * Linus and Lucy * My Little Drum * O Tannenbaum * Skating * What Child Is This. It also includes a stunning color section featuring Peanuts illustrations!
- This deluxe collection features piano arrangements of all ten Vince Guaraldi arrangements from this annually anticipated holiday classic A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Some of the included songs are: Christmas Is Coming, The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire), Linus and Lucy, O Tannenbaum, and more
- This collection also includes a stunning color section featuring Peanuts illustrations!
Click Here For More Information
♥♥ Music Conductor Batons have been the baton of choice for literally thousands of conductors.Symphony conductors, band leaders and choral directors specifically request the baton because it is consistent in quality, balance and weight.
♥♥ An excellent, new music baton for the music professional.
♥♥ Conduct your group or orchestra in style with this brand new fiberglass baton which has an attractive and comfortable.
♥♥We focuses on supplying all kinds of quality, stylish and attractive items to help improve customers’ high quality life,Is committed to give customer an excellent shopping experience ,if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us., We will reply you in 24 hours. strives to be a trusted partner and seek to achieve customer satisfaction.We will provide you with a better product experience, and your satisfaction is our greatest pleasure！！
- ♪ Fiberglass Conductor Baton
- ♪ Handle of Music Baton: Imitation Agate
- ♪ Baton Length: About 38cm
- ♪ Conductor Baton is a perfect gift for an orchestra director. Best balanced baton to Teachers or Students .
- ♪ Package Content : 1 x Music Conductor Baton; 1 x Baton Case.