Level 1 introduces all the notes of the grand staff, elementary chord playing, and the concept of tonic and dominant notes. Students play in varied positions, reinforcing reading skills and recognizing intervals through the 5th. Musicianship is built with the introduction of legato and staccato touches.
Learn to compose music for TV with the best in the world
- Do you have a home studio setup and want to get into the world of music composition?
- Do you have a long-term goal to turn your musical creativity into income?
- Would you like to know how to get started composing music for TV?
TV composer Michael Kruk has written and produced the music for many major documentary series which have been seen by millions of viewers worldwide.
Michael has produced scores for David Attenborough documentaries through to series for the BBC Natural History Unit. His music has been performed by a 75-piece orchestra, but he has also delivered entire soundtracks crafted solely in his home studio in New York. In An Introduction to Writing Music For Television he shares valuable insights into the process of writing music to picture.
In this book, Michael has teamed up with three of the busiest composers in the business (all Emmy® award winners). Each shares their story, experience and advice in an exclusive interview, and contributes to each topic covered in the book:
- Michael Price (Sherlock, The Unforgotten)
- Mac Quayle (Mr Robot, American Horror Story)
- Walter Murphy (Family Guy, American Dad)
Learn to write music for TV
In Writing Music For Television, you’ll not only gain an insider’s view of how the music for a TV program is composed, you’ll be guided through the first steps of composing music to picture. You’ll learn…
- The rarely discussed processes professional composers use
- How to create seamless intros and outros
- How to write “builds” and “reveals” without distracting the viewer
- How to choose the right instrumentation to create a mood
- How to use chord sequences and scales that immediately evoke a specific emotionHow to compose effective melodies and adapt them for different scenes
As well as being packed with insights and wisdom you won’t find elsewhere else, this book takes a practical approach to composing for TV, and each chapter contains dozens of musical examples you can learn from and apply.
Learn to write music from an experienced composer whose work has gone from home studio to live orchestra, with numerous tips and tricks on orchestration!
A music to TV masterclass
- Learn the do’s and don’ts of composing music to avoid common rookie errors
- Master the musical tools that create an effective sense of movement in a scene
- Get straightforward guidance on orchestration that really works and sounds realistic
- Understand the range of various instruments and how they fit together
- Learn how to use the most common production tools such as EQ, Compression and Reverb
- Learn how to integrate real instrument samples with electronic textures
Bonus 1: All musical examples are beautifully notated, so you can easily learn and apply them
Bonus 2: Download FREE studio quality audio of every example, so you can hear exactly how it sounds
Buy it now and put your musical creativity to work. Learn how to create music to picture like the professionals.
- Four Book Set
- Includes: FF1081 – Lesson Book, FF1082 – Theory Book, FF1098 – Technique & Artistry Book, and FF1083 – Performance Book
Piano Professor Damon Ferrante provides children a complete foundation in the study of the piano. This easy, colorful, and upbeat learning style enables the young beginner student to think, feel, and develop musically.
Learn play the piano and read music through playing famous and beautiful songs and pieces. Along the way, there are jokes, illustrations, and characters that make learning exciting and engaging.
No Music Reading Required. Learn how to read music with this book!
Based on over twenty-five years of piano teaching experience, Damon Ferrante’s piano books are used by thousands of piano students and teachers. Piano Book for Kids 5 & Up will greatly improve your child’s piano technique, song repertoire, creativity, and understanding of music.
The following great music is covered in this book and streaming video course:
* Happy Birthday
* Jingle Bells
* Yankee Doodle
* When the Saints Go Marching In
* Scarborough Fair
* Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
* Mary had a Little Lamb
* Take Me Out to the Ballgame
* Michael, Row the Boat Ashore
* House of the Rising Sun
* This Little Light of Mine
* Home on the Range
*And Many More Great Songs and Pieces!
The Level 3B Lesson Book offers appealing repertoire for a smooth transition to the intermediate level. Introduces the octave, the one-octave minor scale, motive and sequence, all 12 major and minor triads, triad inversions, syncopation, and an introduction to sixteenth notes. The Level 3B Technique & Artistry Bookstudents learn four effective Technique Secrets to help develop fluency for early-intermediate repertoire. New etudes by Bertini, Beyer, and Czerny are used to review and apply the Secrets, leading to Artistry Magic pieces that are suitable for recital performance. The Level 3B Theory Book The hallmark of the revised Level 3B Theory Book is the synthesis of 3B concepts: major and minor scales, triads and chord inversions, and 16th-note rhythms are reinforced with writing, composing, sightreading, and ear-training exercises. The Level 3B Performance Book offers appealing, pianistic pieces that closely correlate with the Lesson Book concepts. Students will enjoy a German Dance by Beethoven and a selection from the Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach, as well as arrangements by Strauss, and a four-hand duet by Felix Mendelssohn. Include: 1x Piano Adventures Level 3B- Lesson Book (HL.420220)(FF1080) 1x Piano Adventures Level 3B- Theory Book (HL.420221)(FF1081) 1x Piano Adventures Level 3B- Performance Book (HL.420222)(FF1082) 1x Piano Adventures Level 3B Technique & Artistry Book (HL.420240)(FF1289)
- Nancy Faber Piano Adventures Level 4 – Lesson Book (HL.420183)(FF1090)
- Nancy Faber Piano Adventures Level 4 – Theory Book (HL.420184)(FF1091)
- Nancy Faber Piano Adventures Level 4 – Performance Book (HL.420185)(FF1092)
- Nancy Faber Piano Adventures Level 4 – Technique & Artistry Book (HL.420339)(FF3012)
- Contains original works and arrangements by Nancy and Randall Faber
Lesson Book-Contents include: Almost Like a Dream • Amarylis • America • Auld Lang Syne • Beach Party • Boom Boom! • Boxcar Rumble • Camptown Races Duet • Canoeing in the Moonlight • Carefree Waltz • Cathedral Chimes • Chord Jumps • Cross-Hand Arpeggios • Down by the Bay • and more. Theory Book-This book provides instruction, reinforcement, and creative applications of basic theory concepts through writing, sightreading, and ear-training activities – a strong foundation in reading and theory. Performance Book-The use of connected pedal and variety of styles in this collection keep the students musically engaged as they explore the I, IV, and V7 chords. An ideal supplement with other piano methods. Contents include: The Time Machine • The Dragon Hunt • Pagoda Tree • A Day at the Carnival • Sunburst Waltz • Theme by Haydn • Minuet • Music Box Waltz • Everybody Loves Saturday Night • Fur Elise • Kum Ba Yah and more. Technique Book-The “Technique Secret” exercises presented in this book develop a technical foundation, training the student in arm weight, slur gesture, light thumb, and connected pedaling. The “Artistry Magic” page focuses the student on forward motion, balance between the melody and harmony, articulation, pedal effects, and “musical color.” Includes an appendix of elementary cadences. Include: 1x Piano Adventures Level 2B- Lesson Book (HL.420177)(FF1084) 1x Piano Adventures Level 2B- Theory Book (HL.420178)(FF1085) 1x Piano Adventures Level 2B- Performance Book (HL.420179)(FF1086) 1x Piano Adventures Level 2B- Technique & Artistry Book (HL.420192)(FF1099)
- Nancy Faber Piano Adventures Level 2B – Lesson Book (HL.420177)
- Nancy Faber Piano Adventures Level 2B – Theory Book (HL.420178)
- Nancy Faber Piano Adventures Level 2B – Performance Book (HL.420179)
- Nancy Faber Piano Adventures Level 2B – Technique and Artistry Book (HL.420192)
(Educational Piano Library). The Adult Piano Method Book 2 begins with a brief review of concepts covered in Book 1, then proceeds step-by-step through 5-finger patterns in C, G, and F all the way through to major scales in the keys of C, G, and F and their related scales A, E and D minor. Just as in Book 1, the imaginative and entertaining music found throughout Book 2 makes learning a pleasure and a key factor for student success. Great solos emphasize and support the introduction of new concepts in logical, steady sequence. These enticing solos encourage students to move ahead, and they are rewarded with two great arrangements from every adult’s “Top Ten” list: “The Entertainer,” and “Fur Elise.” Improvs, Quick Licks, Ad Libs, Sight Reading, and Technique Tips sprinkled throughout focus on using new skills and add musical fun along the way. Online audio accompaniments are by Phillip Keveren.
- Softcover with CD
- 112 pages
- Size: 12″ x 9″
- Author: Phillip Keveren
- ISBN: 634077805
Accelerated Piano Adventures® for the Older Beginner features the proven, pedagogical approach set forth in the basic piano method and continues the tradition of learning music through discovery, creativity, and adventure. Book 1 of the accelerated series combines the Primer Level and Level One of the basic Piano Adventures® method.
- features the proven, pedagogical approach set forth in the basic piano method
- continues tradition of learning music through discovery, creativity, and adventure.
Level 2B presents cross-hand arpeggios and the full major scales in the keys of C, G, and F. Use of connected pedal and a variety of repertoire keep the students musically engaged as they explore I, IV, V7 chords.
- cross-hand arpeggios
- full major scales in the keys of C, G, and F.
- Use of connected pedal
- variety of repertoire keep the students musically engaged as they explore I, IV, V7 chords.
The Piano Adventures Level 2A Learning Library The Level 2A Lesson Book (HL.420174) follows Piano Adventures Level 1. The book opens with a Note Reading Guide and an introduction to eighth note rhythm patterns. Students work with 5-finger transposition, functional harmony, and musical phrases. Exploration of C, G, D and A major and minor 5-finger positions builds on intervallic reading skills that were introduced in the earlier level. The Level 2A Technique & Artistry Book (HL.420191) features effective “Technique Secret” exercises which train students in firm fingertips, light thumb, fast fingers, hands together coordination, and wrist float-off. An “Artistry Magic” piece at the end of each unit explores expressive playing. The Level 2A Theory Book (HL.420175) has thematic tie-in with the Level 2A Lesson Book, inviting students into the pages for deeper understanding. A wide variety of theory activities engage students with eighth notes, phrases, transposition, and 5-finger scales. Composer biographies provide valuable context for Lesson Book pieces. The Level 2A Performance Book (HL.420176) offers an array of colorful elementary pieces that reinforce the concepts presented in the Lesson Book. The selections range from classical compositions to American folk songs and imaginative originals. Include: 1x Piano Adventures Level 2A- Lesson Book (HL.420174)(FF1081) 1x Piano Adventures Level 2A- Theory Book (HL.420175)(FF1082) 1x Piano Adventures Level 2A- Performance Book (HL.420176)(FF1083) 1x Piano Adventures Level 2A Technique & Artistry Book (HL.420191)(FF1098)
- Nancy Faber Piano Adventures Level 2A – Lesson Book (HL.420174)
- Nancy Faber Piano Adventures Level 2A – Theory Book (HL.420175)
- Nancy Faber Piano Adventures Level 2A – Performance Book (HL.420176)
- Nancy Faber Piano Adventures Level 2A – Technique and Artistry Book (HL.420191)